Thursday, September 26, 2013

Scenes from just up the road...


I had an uncle named Jim when I was growing up (he and my aunt divorced eventually, and we lost touch) who was a small business owner, entrepreneur and generally a hustler (not in a gangster rap kind of way but in a deal maker kind of way). He lived in Anaheim, CA. off of Interstate 5 which basically runs from Mexico to Canada. I remember that when doing business on the phone, he'd rattle off to potential customers that he was "just up the road" from wherever they happened to be. Sometimes, they were a few miles away, sometimes hundreds. But to my uncle Jim, anything off of I-5 was "just up the road".

While these images weren't all found off the I-5, I'm certain that my uncle Jim would have considered them all near enough to each other to refer to them as just up the road...

The Octopus, Parking lot carnival. Upland, CA. ©Mike Vega 2013 Canon Ae-1 50mm f2.8 100asa Kodak T-Max.




Cruella DeVille working the crowd on Main Street USA. Disneyland, Anaheim, CA. ©Mike Vega 2013 Canon Ae-1 50mm f2.8 100asa Kodak T-Max.


Getty Museum. Los Angeles, CA. ©Mike Vega 2013 Canon Ae-1 50mm f2.8 100asa Kodak T-Max.


Getty Museum Garden. Los Angeles, CA. ©Mike Vega 2013 Canon Ae-1 50mm f2.8 100asa Kodak T-Max.


Citrus Belt Bank Savings and Loan. Riverside, CA. ©Mike Vega 2013 Canon Ae-1 50mm f2.8 100asa Kodak T-Max.


'till next time.
-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment